Click here to read Guidelines for Admissions and Transfers by KHDA.
|FS1||Monday to Thursday 7:45 am – 1:00 pm|
Friday 7:45 am-12:00 pm
|FS2||Monday to Thursday 7:45 am – 1:00 pm|
Friday 7:45 am-12:00 pm
|Year 1 and Year 2||Monday to Thursday 7:45 am – 2:40 pm|
Friday 7:45 am-12:00 pm
|Year 3 to Year 6||Monday to Thursday 7:45 am – 2:50 pm|
Friday 7:45 am-12:00 pm
|Year 7 to Year 11||Monday to Thursday 7:30 am – 3:00 pm|
Friday 7:30 am-12:00 pm
School Transport Timings:
Bus start times remain the same. For drop off, buses will leave from the school at the following times
Monday – Thursday
EYFS – 12:45 pm onwards
Year 1 to Secondary – 3:00 pm onwards
Every Friday for all Year Groups – 12:00 pm onwards
Further communication on this will be shared by our transportation department.
1. What are the changes to the age requirements for entry to Regent International School?
Age requirements will change for new students enrolled into FS1, according to the UAE Ministry of Education Resolution no (24).
Children enroling into FS1, starting in September, must be three years old on or before the 31st of August.
Children enroling into FS2, starting in September, must be four years old on or before the 31st of August.
Similarly, children enroling into Year 1, starting school in September, must be five years old on or before the 31st of August.
Schools that start the academic year in September, in line with MOE Resolution no (24).
|Year Group||Age requirement|
|Foundation Stage 1||3 years old by Aug 31|
|Foundation Stage 2||4 years old by Aug 31|
|Year 1||5 years old by Aug 31|
|Year 2||6 years old by Aug 31|
2. My child was born one day after the cut-off date. Is there some leeway given?
Unfortunately, no exceptions to the cut-off dates can be given under any circumstances.
|Year Group||Regent International School Tuition Fees for 2023 – 2024 (AED)||Term 1 Tuition Fee for 2023-24 (AED)||Term 2 Tuition Fee for 2023-24 (AED)||Term 3 Tuition Fee for 2023-24 (AED)|
|Foundation Stage 1||46,734||18,694||14,020||14,020|
|Foundation Stage 2||46,734||18,694||14,020||14,020|
Please click this link to view Regent’s Admissions & Fee Policy 2022-23
Please email your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH US
We are considering applications for all year groups, where we have space available for 2022-23 as well as 2023-24. Please submit your application form online.
An independent 3rd party bus operator “My Bus Transport Services LLC“, operates an air-conditioned transport service to various parts of Dubai to and from the school. Parents may avail of this service at their own discretion and cost.
Transport fees are paid in advance prior to the beginning of every term on the following dates:
- Term 1: 1st August
- Term 2: 15th November
- Term 3: 15th February
The transport service, routes and fees are governed by the 3rd party transport company’s rules and regulations, which are subject to change at any time.
All payments must be made to the transport company’s name / account as shown below:
|ACCOUNT NAME||My Bus Transport Services LLC|
|BRANCH||Group Head Office|
|REMARKS||Transport Fees: Student Name – Year Group – Term (1,2,3) –|
Please email proof of payment of the transport fees to:
email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org and
|AREA||ZONE||SERVICE||ANNUAL FEE (AED)||TERM 1 (AED)||TERM 2 (AED)||TERM 3 (AED)|
|BUR DUBAI, SHEIKH ZAYED.||ZONE 1||2 WAY||9,700||3,880||2,910||2,910|
|ZONE 2||2 WAY||8,800||3,520||2,640||2,640|
|ZONE 3||2 WAY||7,500||3,000||2,250||2,250|
Transport Fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Application for School Bus Services
My BUS Service application form.
For more information on our Transport Operations during Covid -19, please click here.
We understand the impact of high-quality education on the finance of families with multiple children. Therefore, in an effort to assist families in considering RIS, we have established a tuition fee sibling discount.
The sibling discount is applied to the youngest child in the order of birth / year group up to a maximum of 4 sibling discounts per family:
- 1st Child: Full tuition paid
- 2nd Child: 5% tuition fee discount
- 3rd Child: 10% tuition fee discount
- 4th Child: 10% tuition fee discount
- 5th Child 10% tuition fee discount
The sibling discount scheme is available to those siblings from the same family who enrol at the school for one full academic year. The sibling discount is applicable to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th child from the same family. The amount of the discount is calculated off the actual tuition fee paid for the child who pays the lowest fee amongst the siblings enrolled at the school. The maximum discount per family cannot exceed 35% of the lowest-paying sibling’s tuition fee.
Students in receipt of the sibling discount are not eligible for any other discount. Sibling discounts only apply to children who complete the full year (3 terms) and therefore the full year’s discount will be deducted from the term 3 invoice.
Following your initial online application, you will be invited to schedule an assessment for your child. This session will be used to evaluate your child’s individual learner profile and preferences, so we can plan how to best meet their needs upon entry.
Applicants from a Fortes Education Nursery or School are not required to schedule an assessment, as our teachers will pass on the necessary information to RIS.
At RIS, we exercise a positive and inclusive admissions policy. We appreciate that every learner is unique, with different aptitudes and abilities. While there is no specific pass mark for the assessment, applicants must demonstrate a level of school readiness which will support successful learning experiences.
Students with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) will not be refused an offer of placement on the sole basis of their SEND. Instead, we will take into account the capacity of the premises, staff and curriculum pathways to effectively meet the needs of the child. The prospective students will each be given due consideration on a case-by-case basis.
RIS places students in year groups taking into consideration the student’s demographics, cultural background, gender, individual needs, and prior year’s attainment and progress.
To maintain the standards and access to the curriculum, the school places limits in each class on the percentage of students having individual needs and English as a Learning Language (ELL).
We follow the below teacher-student ratio though we retain the right to increase the ratio to 1:30 when the situation warrants.
|Year Group||FS1||FS2 – Y1||Y2 – Y13|
|Maximum number of students||22||24||26|
At the end of each academic year, it is the school’s policy to mix and reallocate all classes throughout the school. This process is undertaken to ensure the even spread of age, gender, nationality and ability across the classes.
Applications are prioritised as below:
|1st||Children of staff of Fortes Education|
|2nd||Siblings of a currently enroled student at RIS|
Group school / nursery students who completed online Application before 30th of November
|3rd||First Language English speakers|
Returning students, provided they pass the assessment
|4th||Non-native English speakers who can access the curriculum without ELL support|
|5th||Non-native English speakers requiring ELL support|
RIS requires all students to wear the school uniform.
- Uniforms and school accessories can be purchased from the school shop.
- Students are required to wear black leather shoes and dark blue socks.
- Students who are wearing trousers must wear black belts.
- Apron should be provided for Art & Craft or Design & Technology classes.
- Students are required to wear PE kit. White sports shoes must have white or transparent soles.
- Coloured or black soles on shoes are NOT allowed.
Details and examples of the required uniform can be found on our website:
Parents can make an appointment for the family through the VLE app by clicking “Uniform Appointments”. Here you will need to make an appointment for one child to be able to purchase for the family. Parents can also purchase uniforms online through the online uniform shop here.
Submission of your child’s supporting documents is required in order for us to consider your child for admission.
Please upload the below documents with your child’s online Application:
- 1 Passport Size Coloured Photos of the student and 1 for each guardian
- Student Passport Copy (*)
- Student UAE Visa Copy (*) – if currently resident in Dubai
- Students Emirates ID card – Copy front & back -if currently in Dubai
- Sponsoring Parent’s Emirates ID card – Copy front & back -if currently in Dubai
- Birth Certificate (in English or Arabic)
- Previous School Report – Year 1 and above
- Vaccination & Immunisation Record Copy
- DHA Consent Form – Year 1 and above
- An Original Transfer Certificate is required for all students transferring from another KHDA registered school within Dubai and from Year 3 upwards for students being admitted from any other Emirate or overseas school.
- Medical, specialist assessment and/or therapy progress reports, if the student has an identified speech and language, physical, and/or learning need, and Individual Education Plans from former school if the student has previously received additional language and/or learning support at school.
*Child’s Passport & UAE Residence visa should be valid for at least 6 months from 1st September 2014.
Should you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact the school, or refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website:
Parent and student cards and lanyards provide access into the school premises.
By accepting the cards, you and your child hereby agree to the below terms and conditions.
- Users must wear the ID around their neck at all times whilst on school premises.
- Validity of each card is subject to student payment of full tuition fee.
- Students with valid ID card can use various services within the school during the academic term/year duration such as Library book borrowing or subscribed optional services like bus or catering services.
- To ensure student safety, please wear this card around your neck when collecting students during school hours and present upon request.
- ID Cards are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable. Please ensure that the ID cards are kept secure, and are not deliberately or inadvertently made available for use by any other person.
- Users must return all ID Cards and lanyards on expiry or when a student withdraws from school.
- Lost cards must be immediately reported to the Administration Office.
- Replacement of lost card is subject to AED50/- and for lost lanyards at AED30/-.
- It is the duty of the parent/guardian to return all ID cards if there are any changes in the status of a student’s legal custody. Please notify the School Administration so that we can issue you an updated card free of charge. Subject to documentary evidence.
- Alteration, falsification, copying or misuse of the ID card is a violation of the school’s regulations and will be subject to disciplinary action which may include reporting to competent government authorities.
Regent International School comes under the governance of the KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority) here in Dubai. Each new student just arriving in to Dubai (or are entering a KHDA registered School for the first time) and wishing to gain admission to an established school, must first have legal residence here in the UAE.
The KHDA requires that all students are registered with on admittance to school for the first time.
There are 2 steps:
- Emirates ID card Registration*: To register your child you should provide all the required documents (see annex 1 below) and submit the original Emirates ID cards to the admissions office.
*If a student is new to Dubai and the Visa/Emirates ID is in the application process then Manual Registration must be completed using the sponsors and child’s passport.
Please note: For manually registered students, the parent must sign the KHDA contract in person, using a digital signature Pad at school.
- KHDA Parent School Contract: All parents are then required to digitally sign the KHDA parent School Contract which is published after KHDA card registration has been completed. Documents required with your Online Application: click here
Transfer Certificate Policy
RIS is governed by the rules and regulations of Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), the regulatory authority in Dubai.
Student coming from a school within Dubai:
All year groups, need to provide a Transfer Certificate from the previous school. The previous school needs to be informed that the student is transferring to our school.
Students transferring from other countries/Emirates:
Placement in a Year Group from Year 3 onwards is based on the Transfer Certificate provided at the time of Application.
- a country in Africa, South Africa, the Middle East (except for UAE), South and Central America, Eastern Europe, Asia, Russia and the CIS, need to provide an original transfer certificate attested by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UAE Embassy in that country.
- a country in North America, UK, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand need to provide an original transfer certificate on the last school’s letterhead, signed and stamped.
- an Emirate in the UAE, need to provide an original transfer certificate in Arabic and attested by the Ministry of Education in that Emirate.
Note, all Transfer Certificates must be in the correct format, signed and stamped (attested), as necessary, in order for your child to be registered at UAE Ministry of Education and the KHDA. Registration of students is subject to the approval of the Ministry of Education and KHDA.
Please note that without the Transfer Certificate it will not be possible to legally register your child in school or with the Ministry of Education or KHDA. For a template of the Transfer Certificate (for your school’s use) and advice on attestation, please refer to the School Forms in the Admissions section on our Website.
Tariff for the following KHDA services as stipulated by KHDA:
- Request for student Education Continuation Certificate for visa renewal (AED 120)
- Request for student leaving form for the students who are leaving Dubai (AED 120)
- Request for student transfer between private schools (within the stipulated time frame)-Student transfer (AED 120)
- Request for student transfer between private schools (after the stipulated time frame)-Student transfer (AED 520)
- Request for attestation of student certificate or report card (120 AED).
- Issuance of ‘To whomsoever it may concern’ certificate for matters related to School – Attestation (AED 120)
- Issuance of ‘To whomsoever it may concern’ certificate for matters related to Students – Academic History (AED 120)
- Request to change student data at the Authority – Student exam grade amendment (AED 120)
In case any of the above services are required, please make payment of the respective amount with our school accounts office before collecting the document listed above.
Regent International school has been inspected and rated as “Very Good” with Outstanding features by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) the educational authority of the government of Dubai and “Outstanding” by British School Overseas.
You can find more information regarding our rating and inspections using the following link: http://www.risdubai.com/Our-School/Reports-Accreditations/Reports
General mailbox – email@example.com
Parent Liaison Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
EYFS Phase – email@example.com
Primary Phase – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bursar & school transport – email@example.com
Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions inquiries – email@example.com
Reception – firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra-curricular, After school activities & field trips – email@example.com
Accounts – firstname.lastname@example.org
KHDA documents – email@example.com
Government Affairs officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
IT & VLE support – email@example.com
Library – firstname.lastname@example.org
Achievement Centre (Inclusion) – email@example.com