With the summer holidays here, some parents are concerned about how to get their children excited about coming back-to-school and keeping them engaged through the summer.
How can we support our children returning to school after summer break?
Keep a routine during the summer break, especially the two weeks before they get back to school. Doing this helps children get back to the early morning routine and avoids a shock when they’re back to the school timings.
Some quick tips:
- Do not allow them to stay in their PJs.
- Make sure they are up and ready to take on the day. Structures and routine will help them.
- Try not to associate learning with something negative. Keeping their minds engaged. This can be done by:
- Get them to talk about any nice experience they have had while at their holiday. They could talk, sketch or print a photograph of their day or experience, keeping them engaged and excited to express their emotions regarding their experience.
- Let your children see you enjoying books, the more you read in front of them, it will inspire them to read more as well.
Do remember that summer is for fun and happiness, however, keeping students curious and ready to discover through family activities will keep their love for learning alive.