What Makes an Outstanding Curriculum?
Why is Regent International School the Right School for Your Child
Food for Thought –
- Approximately 200 schools in Dubai
- School fees vary from AED 5,000 – 100,000+
- Curricula to choose from – UK, American, Indian, IB etc
Parents should ask schools to describe their school curriculum. An outstanding curriculum should
- demonstrate ethos and values which underpin everything that the children learn
- Interest children and “hook” them in
- Be relevant, experiential and link with the real world
- Consider all types of learners…
- Have an eye on the future…
- Allow children to be challenged, supported and make excellent progress…
- Develop skills to be lifelong learners in an ever-changing world…
- Be, where possible, child-initiated…
- Make it possible for teachers to be able to “assess on the go”
- Be supported by robust tracking systems
- Be planned and delivered with the attainment of each child in mind
- Be progressive and appropriately pitched
RIS is all of the above and more – RIS is a leader in Positive Education (PosEd). PosEd is characterised by outstanding teaching underpinned by the science of positive psychology, well-being and happiness. Our unique PosEd philosophy combines academics and achievement with character development and well-being. Multiple studies on the effects of PosEd testify that improved levels of a child’s wellbeing are associated with higher levels of academic engagement, stronger social skills, higher levels of optimism, improved behaviour, and fewer mental health-related issues.
We also have an on-going collaboration with Geelong Grammar School, Australia – the first school in the world to implement Positive Psychology and a worldwide promoter of Positive Education in schools. This collaboration includes a continuous dialogue between their Directors and our Director of Positive Education, on-site and online training and sharing of best practices between both the schools.
Positive Education is not an additional subject but the culture of the whole school at Regent International School. At RIS, our teachers, all trained in PosEd, learn, live, teach and embed positive education. Weekly assemblies on Character Strengths, regular FAIL (First Attempt in Learning) Days, personal experiences linked with classroom learnings and a warm and inviting Well-being Room strengthen our claim to be the pioneers of Positive Education in the UAE.
Ultimately, through our PosEd philosophy, children develop a love for learning and acquire skills for continuous self-growth.
Our pedagogy is further enhanced by a high-impact educational programme of MultiSmart LearningTM, developed by our educators, that nurtures multiple pathways to learning and develops multiple intelligences, triggering all-round child development.