Criteria for Academic Scholarships
- 2 references
- 3 Essay questions
- Personal statement (< 500 words)
- Scholarship question (<500 words)
- Leadership essay (< 500 words)
- CAT score = or > 133
- For students applying for Year 10, 11 and 13: GL Data in Y9 and Y10 to be Stanine 8 or above in English, Maths and or Science
- For students applying for Year 12: 10 or more GCSEs taken with scores of 7-9’s or A to A*
What will we offer?
Our Fortes School will create an environment conducive for a scholar’s growth. A Fortes School will:
• Ensure that the student receives guidance to develop a strong character and becomes a well-rounded individual
• Ensure the student has adequate support to perform academically
• Ensure opportunities to explore leadership positions within the Student Leadership Team
• Ensure opportunities to participate in activities outside the curriculum
• Provide an environment that encourages the student to achieve the highest academic standards
What do we expect from a scholar?
We would like to set expectations with the scholar on performance during the scholarship year. This is essential for the Scholarship Performance Review.
- Consistent commitment to growth and development
- Active participation in internal and external activities. For example, the World Scholar’s Cup, MUN, TEDx, Duke of Edinburgh, Internships, social work among others
- To act as a brand ambassador of the school across all platforms. For example, social media, PR, videos, etc.
- To be in the 95 percentile of their Year Group (for Year 10 and 12)
- To achieve Level 7-9 in all their GCSE subjects (for Year 11)
When families tour our campus, it’s common to hear that our atmosphere is warm and inviting. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where everyone feels truly welcome, nurtured and safe.Book A Tour
My child is really happy at Regent.
He knows this is a safe and fun environment, his feels loved and nourished,
and his mental wellbeing always comes first.
My kids love the school! Teachers and staff are approachable,
friendly, and ready to listen to our concerns and
always address our children's individual needs! Highly recommended!
Each day at the school has been amazing for my daughter.
She loves learning new things and
Regent provides the right opportunities for her.
It was an honour to have enriching interactions with the students and nurturers of Regent on their unique platform,
Think & Thrive. I was impressed by the students’ perceptive and mature observations and questions.
Possibilities are infinite at Regent. There are no limits to letting my child's imagination grow.
He has become ambitious in his thinking and outlook, which is great.
Children are encouraged to take chances, try anything and not be afraid.
Regent is an amazing school with great facilities and an exceptional learning environment for all year groups and ages.
The strong sense of community makes Regent more than just a place to study
Very strong curriculum with rich learning opportunities that has a positive impact on the child's progress.
The quality of curriculum provided by the school is outstanding.
It is broad and balanced, and enriched by a wide range of extracurricular activities.
A thematic approach is used across the school to develop learning through connections across subjects, context and the pupils’ passions.