Our community leadership programme is built on the principles of learning through service and experience. As students come up with ideas and action plans to meet actual community needs, they learn of aspects of community life and service, and of making a difference to the world around them while also building their own leadership, self-confidence and teamwork skills.
We work closely with the local community, NGOs, and non-profit organisations to serve disadvantaged communities locally and abroad by charting out and participating in various service programmes, fund-raising events, and charitable projects.
This programme goes a long way in making leaders of our students who can in turn make a difference not only in their own lives but in the community and world around them.
Friends of Regent International School (FRIS), through the unwavering assistance of its parental volunteers, raises funds for certain organisations through various events and activities.
Scholarships are awarded every year to two students who are in need of financial support. Various criteria determine the candidates chosen.
At RIS, we actively participate in various charitable events and contribute to many social causes, thereby ensuring that we practice what we teach. Some organisations, which benefit from our humble efforts include:
- Art Workshop with Rashid Paediatric Students @ RIS on Emirates News - 31st May 2013
- RIS Art Art Auction @ The Fridge Gallery on City 7 TV - 17th June 2013
- RIS Secondary Students Share Art Skills with Rashid Paediatric Students - published on Khaleej Times, 16th June 2013
- Art Cube Gallery @ RIS Dubai Auction - published on The National, 16th June 2013
Sanjo CMI Public School
- Indian School Gets New Library Thanks to Pupils - published on 7 Days, 07th March 2013
- Dubai Students Raise Funds for Library in India - published on Gulf News, Nation Section, 07th March 2013
- Wonderful movie about the Bhaktivedanta Hospital
- Certificate of Appreciation to RIS
- Thank You Letter
- A Peep Into the Children’s Short Break At Sunbeam
- On Value Education
- On Steps Taken By Parents To Continue With Sunbeam At Any Cost
- Certificate of Appreciation
Some of the charities we support are: